Interested in food, tech, media, and startups?
Food+Tech Connect is looking for a media strategy intern to help us build the food tech community and market new services.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in entrepreneurial journalism and be passionate about food and tech. This is a great opportunity to learn first-hand about the growing food and tech industry, connect with the movements top innovators, and develop your portfolio.
About Food+Tech Connect:
Food+Tech Connect is an information company that connects innovators at the intersection of food and information technology. Through in-depth interviews, events, and consulting, we build community for innovators leveraging information technology to address food system challenges.
Our events have connected over 1,200 changemakers at the intersection of food and information technology, including executives from IBM, Food52, Foodspotting, Foursquare, Nike, O’Reilly Media, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Kauffman Labs and more.
- Assist in developing and executing PR & Marketing strategy, particular focus on how this relates to content strategy
- Help establish social media engagement metrics
- SEO optimization
- Developing effective strategies/services to enhance our brand’s growth and market presence
- Random projects that are bound to come up – we can also work with you to tailor projects based on your interests and what you’d like to learn
- If interested, you will also have an opportunity to conduct in-depth interviews and become a regular contributor
- Opportunities to participate in and network at offline events
- Access to a network of hundreds of food tech entrepreneurs, technologists, researchers, investors, media
- First hand experience with an up and coming startup
- Great resume builder
- Potential for internship to permanent position as the organization grows
- A desire to help build the food tech community
- A background in marketing, communication, digital media, journalism
- Photoshop, HTML, & Final Cut Pro experience (preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent online research skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Understanding of social media and actively participates in it (send us links to your website, blog, twitter, facebook, forum posts or other services you use)